Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Use for (the Other) Google Drive!


I received an email from one of my favorite instructors, Dr. Stefan Seiter:

 

 "Is there a way to load a document from the web (e.g. a pdf file) directly to a particular folder in my Google drive or is it always a 2 step process: download to the computer and then transfer it to the Google Drive?" 

 

Leave it to Dr. Seiter to stretch my thinking! I had been of the impression there is little use for the Google Drive software you can install on your computer to put a copy of all of the files in your Google Drive on your hard drive, to sync with your Google Drive in the cloud, but that would do exactly what he was asking about. My reply:

 

"If you install Google Drive on your computer, Stefan, you could right-click on any link on a web page representing a file, and send that file right into your Google Drive. Make sense?"

 


There is Google Drive, and there is the "other" Google Drive. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to determine for yourself the value of each, and USE IT!

No comments: