I'm really happy to see that Oregon was the first state to offer Google Apps for Education in all K-12 classrooms, and that the college where I work was ahead of the curve.
Read more here.
Monday, June 30, 2014
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
We've seen a number of issues in various Moodle course shells where the grades don't seem to be calculating correctly. Most of the time, an Instructor has previously overwritten a grade, which causes the automatic grade calculation to get thrown off. Here is a solution Eric discovered:
1. Click "Grades" in your course "Settings" block:
2. Turn editing on in the upper right-hand corner:
3. View the Grader Report:
4. Scroll to the right to the column for the grade item. Click on the "gear" icon for each student that the grade is highlighted:
5. When the student's "Edit grade" form pops up, uncheck the "Overridden" check mark and remove any comments:
6. Be sure to save changes, and then note the correctly calculated grade.
7. Lather, rinse and repeat!