Skip to main content

How to Schedule Gmail Messages

I am hesitant to use 3rd-party apps in my Gmail until & unless someone I know has recommended it. Luckily, I keep this page bookmarked for just such an occasion. Let me know what you think of it!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Negative Grades In Moodle

We had an interesting question from an instructor:
What I want to be able to accomplish is to be able to input negative values to a grade.
In my class attendance is required. If students have perfect attendance they receive 10 points extra credit toward their final grade; if students miss 1 or 2 classes, their final grade does not change; and any subsequent absence, they are penalized by 10 points to their final grade. 
What I want to do on Moodle is to add an assignment and call it attendance where the value of the assignment is 0. I would add 10 points if students earned perfect attendance, and I want to subtract points from the final grade when they've missed more than 2 classes. However, Moodle will not allow me to input a negative value. How do I subtract points from the final grade without taking it out of previous assignments? Is there a way for you to allow me to input a negative value?
Eric Bryant delivered a terrific solution:
As this is a somewhat unique way of grading, my s…

The Moodle Calendar Export Issue

In my quest for delivering solutions that help students GET on track, and STAY on track (one of the biggest challenges in my own academic career, right up there with "life getting in the way," but that's another story), I have spent many hours over a number of years trying to design an elegant method for instructors to sync a calendar from a course they are teaching in Moodle to a calendar that more students tend to actually use, such as Google Calendar.

I'll boil it down here: You're taking 3 or 4 classes, each with specific due dates and times for various assignments, quizzes, forum posts, etc. That sounds pretty typical, right? What is also typical for college students - especially lots of Community College students? Life getting in the way. They want… ok they may not know they want, but they need the ability to see all of the events they need to do in the context of all of the things they want to do. If you have ever missed an important deadline because you go…

The CFAR IA And Your Moodle Course

Has the Center For Accessibility Resources (CFAR) contacted you regarding access to your Moodle course for their CFAR Instructional Assistant? It's quick and easy to enroll them. Here is how to enroll the CFAR IA Moodle account in your Moodle course:

1. Course Administration block > Users > Enrolled users.




2. Click the "Enrol users" button.



3. Verify that the "Assign roles" dropdown menu is set to "Student, type "cfar ia" into the search field, and click the "Search" button.





4. Click the little "Enrol" button to the right of the "CFAR IA" Moodle account.




5. Click the "Finish enrolling users" button.



At that point, the CFAR Instructional Assistant Moodle account will have student access to your Moodle course for purposes of assisting students with accommodation needs to gain access to your course materials.