Friday, June 21, 2013

Advantages of Using the Institutional LMS

I was working on some copy to send to a staff member who is building a glossary and asked me what Moodle is, when I discovered this interesting piece from the University of Toronto. It might come in handy if and when we want to tell… I mean encourage faculty to use the institution's LMS.

Also, notice the other FAQ questions on the left side:

When would I consider options or alternatives that go beyond the institutional LMS to meet pedagogical goals?

"…learning environments should only be considered in order to address functionality needs or access to content that is not supported through the institutional LMS. In such cases, individual faculty members or their department will be responsible for faculty and student support. "

No comments: