Monday, January 12, 2009

LBCC is Now on Twitter!

"What is this 'Twitter' thing I have been hearing about?" is a question I have been asked a lot in recent months. The ironic thing is, even while I try to answer that question, I am still asking it of myself. Twitter may best be described as a casual mix of the best features of an email, blog and instant messaging tool, with many of the benefits and few of the negative of each.

When I first started my personal Twitter account (believe me, you don't want to see it) a few months ago, it instantly occurred to me that Twitter is one of those things that you immediately "get" or "don't get" right off the bat.

Twitter submissions have a 140 character limit, so you will need to economize your thoughts, and you will never have a huge amount to read from comments of people you "follow." Wait a minute, what does it mean to "follow" someone on Twitter? I could explain here, or you could get more of a hands-on feel for Twitter by visiting Linn-Benton Community College's Twitter page.

Enjoy, and Tweet away!

No comments: