Thursday, October 3, 2013

I Don't Have Time For Van Training

I just received an email announcing training for college employees who want/need to drive a college-owned van:

According to the college driving guidelines, drivers must be at least 18 years old, or if driving a college owned or rented vehicle, VAN drivers must be 19 years old and have a minimum of 3 years' driving experience as a prerequisite. Completion of both the LBCC-approved online and hands-on Van Driver Training must be confirmed BEFORE becoming an approved van driver. Van driving status must be renewed every 2 years (training exemption after successfully completing training certification three times). The classroom portion of the training is completed online at http://motorpool.oregonstate.edu/drivers/training. Test results indicating successful completion must be submitted to Albany Community Education, T205, before taking the driving segment.  A hands-on van driving module, scheduled through Albany Community Education, must be successfully completed during a driver's first van certification period prior to serving as a van driver for LBCC.

You get bonus points if you read all that.

Here is the equivalent of what I often hear from Instructors regarding Moodle Training:

I don't have time for van training. I just got notified that I'm scheduled to deliver a heavy load of equipment across town early tomorrow morning, so can I just get a set of keys and teach myself how to drive? I've never driven a van before, but I have driven cars, so I should be good to go by just winging it.



No comments: